Pages

Friday 17 September 2010

Friday's Exhibiting Designer: Una Burke







With so many talented designers exhibiting with us this season, it’s a shame that not all of them can present everyday. Displaying her structural leather 'wearable pieces of art' for today and today only is Una Burke. Following our previous conversation earlier this summer, I caught up with Una this afternoon to find out what she’s been up to since…
"Since our last meeting I have been busy contacting buyers and concentrating on the new collection. I’ve also been getting a bit more exposure in the press; today actually a Norwegian magazine called Vixen came out which featured one of my pieces on the cover, modelled by Keith Richards daughter, Alexandra."

So tell me about your latest collection…
"I still have my signature body, neck and arm pieces but I also wanted to create a series of bags and belts; something that’s a bit more accessible and wearable for my customer."

How’s today gone so far?
"Really good: I have had quite a lot of press visiting my stand, as well as some stylists from both LOVE and Tank and a buying scout."

For more details and images of her SS11 Collection, visit Una's website.


Sarah Barlow, Illustration by Laura Cremene