Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2011

An Interview with VFS Ones To Watch - Anja Mlakar


How are you feeling of winning the Ones to Watch from Vauxhall Fashion Scout?


Excited and focused on my work. This is the next step.


What did you do to celebrate?


I had a lovely Christmass party with my family.


What was your experience in the fashion industry before forming your own brand?


Before my MA I spent four incredible months at Bless in Berlin.


Who is your favorite designer and why?


I can't name only one. At the moment I think Nicolas Ghesquiere,


What music do you listen to when you designing?


Currently I'm listening to Violens - Are you still in the illusion? On repeat.


What’s your inspiration for your last season’s collection?


I'm inspired by art, random situations, the future. Currently I'm very much interested in architects. Just today, I've been researching David Chipperfield.


Where would you like to see your brand in a few years?


On top, haha. Realistically, I'll be more than happy to show regularly on LFW and establish a solid business.


Have you been to any of our mentors? What are your thoughts of it? Has it helped?


The mentors are a really great way to receive valuable information which is hard to pick up otherwise.


Are you looking forward to your show in London Fashion Week? What do you expect from it?


Personally, I expect to push my own boundaries further and with that, hopefully, get in touch with loads of new people, open new doors and possibilities. I expect it to be fabulous!


Kenny Wang