Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2012

NEWS| Exclusive catch up with Kirsty Ward

Because Magazine 

Harper's Bazaar 

Crack Magazine

 Grazia Magazine

 Susie Bubble, from Style Bubble, wearing Kirsty Ward

A certain Ms Kirsty Ward has been very popular as of late, in fact it seems you can't open a magazine without seeing her name - or jewellery - emblazoned across the page. Kirsty was first hotly tipped by yours truly - Vauxhall Fashion Scout showcased Kirsty's designs as an exhibition designer for SS11 and as VFS One's to Watch for AW11 - whilst Vogue hailed her 'Designer to Watch in 2011'. 

Here's a snippet of the recent press that the acclaimed designer has received, make sure you also check out the My Fashion Life's feature as well as the Because magazine's interview with her. 

Editor Cass Gowing caught up with Kirsty Ward to see how it feels to receive such positive press...
"The press exposure is really great at the minute, I'm working with such a great PR agency (Sane Communications) they are lovely people too. The press side of the business is really important as it definately leads onto sales and helping the brand grow, which is really important to me. 
I've also been getting some really amazing press in the Middle East as my pieces are stocked in Dubai and I visited there for an event earlier this year, the press out there have been really supportive, clocking up features in Grazia, L'Officiel, Time Out, Harpers Bazaar amongst various important Middle Eastern magazines, Newspapers and TV channels."

It seems like Kirsty Ward has been a very busy bee, but what is she up to at the minute?
"At the moment its a mix of production and S/S13 which I'm really excited about, I'm currently working on the final toiles for the garments and I have various jewellery elements lying around inspiring me. As I mentioned in my Twin Factory interview a hint of my inspiration is: Tea ladies and tabards with a modern sci-fi edge."

By Cass Gowing, Editor
Follow her on Twitter
Images accredited above