Pages

Monday 1 October 2012

POSTCARD FROM PARIS| Claudia Ligari






Italian designer Claudia Ligari has built up an impressive reputation based on her past lines of minimalistic clean and futuristic pieces that display her luxe avant-garde ethos. Claudia's Spring/Summer 2013 collection is being exclusively showcased at Vauxhall Fashion Scout's Paris Showrooms during Paris Fashion Week. Despite not being able to attend the showrooms herself, we caught up with Claudia to discuss her S/S13 collection in more detail. 

1. What has the initial response been to your S/S13 collection?
Really good. People love the white and the lightness of the fabrication. All of my fans and followers were very pleased to see I've introduced some menswear pieces and positively surprised to see some colours as well. 

2.  Is there a favourite piece/ look from the collection that you feel encapsulates your aesthetic?
Yes. The white padded bomber jacket shows exactly my aesthetic, really clean, timeless and using and unusual fabric. I also love my mocha dress, as my clothes are always quite masculine this pieces reflects more of my feminine side. 

3. What is the importance of showcasing your collection in Paris?
Definitely, the fact that Paris is the perfect European platform it gives a chance to be seen outside London.  

4. As a platform, what support has VFS provided you with this season that you are most grateful for?
I'm really pleased with Vauxhall Fashion Scout as they have always been supporting the label since the beginning and this year more than ever. This means a lot to me as it shows that they really believe in what I do. It shows that they see potential and this is vital for me as it keeps me going. 

5. What will you be doing in Paris outside of the VFS showroom- making the most of the surrounding city, or taking much deserved respite from the pace of recent weeks?
Unfortunately I couldn't attend personally this year so I guess my assistant will be enjoying Paris this time.. I just need a lot of rest.

By Cass Gowing, Editor
Images from Claudia Ligari's S/S12 and A/W12 lookbooks