Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

EXHIBITION| Ones-To-Watch: Yulia Kondranina FEB'13





This season the Fashion Scout exhibition space has played host to Russian born, Central Saint Martins graduate Yulia Kondranina and her AW13 Collection. Fashion Scout caught up with her in Freemasons Hall today, here is what she told us:

Tell us about your brand and your inspiration:

I am originally from Russia and I have a background in high street fashion, which I left when I came to London to study fashion in University where I worked with print and textiles. I find London a lot calmer than Moscow and far more artistic and it has inspired my work in many ways; I am particularly influenced by handcrafted artwork and installation art. My graduate collection was predominantly monochromatic and architecturally structured, with my dress designs illustrating a definite pronounced shape. However, this collection demonstrates more of my personal persona, it has a much more wearable appeal and it is distinctly feminine.

What are your future plans for the brand?

Ideally I would love to continue with the same concept of my brand for seasons to come, although this is dependant on whether that would be viable as I also work full time in order to fund this venture. It would be great to produce another collection.

How has your experience with Fashion Scout been so far?

It has been amazing, I feel like a child who has been taken care of! Fashion Scout have provided such good guidance and they keep me well informed with what I should be doing to promote my brand and progress as a designer.

The Yulia Kondranina AW13 Collection can be viewed at http://www.yuliakondranina.com/

Words by Brooke McCord (@BrookeMcCord)
Images by Siobhan Kerrigan (@SiobhanKerrigan)