Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

FRONT ROW| Merit Award: Yifang Wan




With Yifang Wan being awarded Fashion Scout's Merit Award winner this season, we talked to the front row on the designer.

“I'm quite excited because I sat on the committee for the Merit Award said stylist Rebekah Roy before the show. "I've had a sneaky peek backstage at some of the colours and the accessories they did for the graduate collection. Now we're seeing metallics so I feel they're taking that to the next step."

“We saw it last season and it was very beautifully co-ordinated," Wendy Malen from the Centre of Sustainable Fashion stated. "It's right for retail, so we've come to see how it's moved on. It was very clean last season, beautifully made. There was a quality to it that has brought us back. Fashion Scout as a platform always identifies interesting, young designers that we have to be aware of.”

After the show, designer Haizhen Wang stated “I love Yifang Wan's clothes. The form, the silhouette, the whole look is very strong. That's why I come to see the show. I want to get a close up rather than just seeing the pictures.”

Francesca Fearon of the South China Morning Post also commented, saying “The collection was very clean. I liked the oversized looseness relating back to her heritage."

Interviews by Josh Walker (@josh_walker_)
Images by Kris Elliott (@KrisElliott)