Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

INTERVIEW | APU JAN




Ahead of Apu Jan's first catwalk show at Fashion Scout, we interviewed him about his collection and the experience of showcasing at Fashion Scout. 

How are you finding Fashion Scout London?
I love London, I like that Fashion Scout always encourages their designers. It’s a great audience and I love the inspiration that it brings.
What are you looking at with this new collection?
I am inspired by things that span through ages, so I’m looking at things that bring back memories and nostalgia. I like the idea that you can take things from your past and reinvent them to create new things.
You graduated from Royal College of Art, how has your new collection progressed from your graduate work?
It was more about fairy tales with the graduate collection and looking at traditional Chinese dress.
Will you back for another showcase at Fashion Scout London
Yes definitely, I’m based in London and I love it!

Vanessa Omoregie, @wewearblack
Photography by Lauren Marsh