Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

PARIS| Yulia Kondranina at Fashion Scout Paris








New face and Ones to Watch star Yulia Kondranina is showcasing her collection in Paris at the Fashion Scout showroom after a well received London catwalk show and exhibition. Yulia’s impressively hand worked collection is centred around beautiful tasselled work and impeccably cut tailored pieces. 

Yulia, tell us about your main inspiration for this current collection?

I wanted to continue on with the same technique I created for my graduate MA collection. But this time I wanted to use even more feminine silhouettes and start to include tailoring in my collections. I have also introduced colour this time. I am always inspired by my material processes, sculpture, style, art and craft – experimenting with new materials and then seeing what happens along the way! The tasselling came from artists I saw and liked, namely Anton Pevsner, Jurgen Mayer and Claire Zeisler. 

Do you have a favourite piece from your collection?

The tailored Jacket with a cut out tasselled back and my colourful dresses. I think these together sum up my whole collection. 

How have you found the Fashion Scout Paris showroom?

It has been really good, everything is new for me because I have not before designed my own label independently. Fashion Scout have been a great way to learn about everything from Branding and Marketing, to pricing my collection and how to chat with buyers.

So what are you planning to do next?
I am thinking I will have a couple of days break after Paris, then back to London and moving forward. I love being constantly busy and am really looking forward to a new collection and developing something new. Style wise I am experimenting with new craft processes to bring in something new. 

Text: Lauren Slater